Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Should probably be running.....

I accomplished some of my goals last week...
  1. Coffeehouse Poetry Day was a huge success! (I will post pictures later.)
  2. I ran twice.
  3. That's it. I didn't bike or plant veggies. I didn't exactly rot, but I was busy with other things.
We were out of town visiting Joel's family all weekend, so that is my excuse for my lack of accomplishment! I did manage to run over the weekend, even being out of town. That's pretty good for this un-motivated girl!

This Saturday is the 10K that has become a 5K, due to my lack of running over the last month! After my Gaelic Gallop 8K, I thought I would try to run this 10K next. Well, here I am, 3 days away from the race, and have not run nearly enough to enable me to run a 10K without dying. It would have been a good one, too, because it is on a crushed limestone trail....the beautiful Heritage Trail. This would have been easier on the ol' legs.Doesn't it just look sooo peaceful?!

Another reason I would have liked to do the 10K...my grandpa died while working on the Heritage Trail when I was very young. There is a sign honoring him along the trail, and it would have been neat to run by his sign while completing my first 10K.
There is always next year....I should come back and read this blog next year, so I remember my reasons for wanting to run this particular race!

I am still going to run the 5K....I know I can do that!


Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! And Happy Birthday to my Karate Kid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment