On a totally different note.....
I have to share these cute kindergarten conversations that happened this week. Remember that show, Kids Say the Darndest Things, with Bill Cosby? I could submit some dandies!
2 days ago....Setting: My "room" under the music room.
Rock & Roll song from the 50s (can't remember which song now) drifts down to our ears. I start singing along. Kindergarteners (call them S. and L.) stare at me with confused, somewhat disturbed looks on their faces.
Me: I love this song! I must be an old lady, huh?
(Expecting sweet protests: "nooo Ms. Lazy Girl, you're not old!")
(Expecting sweet protests: "nooo Ms. Lazy Girl, you're not old!")
S. : You're not a old lady. You're a young old lady!
L. : Noooo, you're a grandma. (Said in a dead-serious tone of voice)
Important note: I am 28.
Another laughable moment in kindergarten with B. and L....
B. never uses finger spaces when he writes sentences. I remind him every single time he starts a new word.
Here is what an onlooker would hear on any given day.
"Finger space, B., finger space. Don't forget your finger space. Finger space, B.!!! Uh-oh, ok, let's get our magic tape, cover it up, and try again."
And it begins again. "Finger space, B."
Everyday. Yesterday, his group buddy, L. says
"B., don't forget--"
B. cuts him off."I know...my spinger face."
Love it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment