Concerns:
I have not ridden my bike enough to do this without dying.
Hills.
How far am I going to have to walk to find a bathroom at night?
Hills.
Ice-cold showers.
My butt.
My legs.
Humidity.
Rainstorms similar to what happened here last night. (Scary!)
Hills.
We didn't pack the right stuff.
Toes/hands going numb again.
I only have one pair of bike shorts...they better dry out!
My breathing.
Hills.
Excite-ments: (Is that a word?)
Pie.
Slip & Slides.
Meeting new people.
Biking with Megan.
Pie.
Pancake Man. (Or so I hear.)
Meeting up with Joel in towns.
Church lady food.
Festivities in pass-through towns.
The Peanut Butter Jam
Pie.
Sharing stories.
Manchester: Friends coming out to party with us on our last overnight.
The Nadas.
Camping.
Hanging out with our team at night.
Great Iowan hospitality.
Pie.
I have not ridden my bike enough to do this without dying.
Hills.
How far am I going to have to walk to find a bathroom at night?
Hills.
Ice-cold showers.
My butt.
My legs.
Humidity.
Rainstorms similar to what happened here last night. (Scary!)
Hills.
We didn't pack the right stuff.
Toes/hands going numb again.
I only have one pair of bike shorts...they better dry out!
My breathing.
Hills.
Excite-ments: (Is that a word?)
Pie.
Slip & Slides.
Meeting new people.
Biking with Megan.
Pie.
Pancake Man. (Or so I hear.)
Meeting up with Joel in towns.
Church lady food.
Festivities in pass-through towns.
The Peanut Butter Jam
Pie.
Sharing stories.
Manchester: Friends coming out to party with us on our last overnight.
The Nadas.
Camping.
Hanging out with our team at night.
Great Iowan hospitality.
Pie.
These are just a few of the things I am thinking about going into this 7-day, 442 mile bike ride across Iowa! I look forward to looking back on this list to see if I was silly to worry about those things, and how many fun things I can add to the list to be excited about next year.
I will be taking tons of pictures, and enjoying all that these Iowa towns and their people have to offer. I can't wait to share my stories. Wish me luck!
I will be taking tons of pictures, and enjoying all that these Iowa towns and their people have to offer. I can't wait to share my stories. Wish me luck!

I wish you all the luck and excitement you can handle!! Be safe out there. I have tons of faith in you :-)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck! You'll do great! I wanna train for it and do it next year just so I can eat pie every day, several times a day, and not feel guilty! Have fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteYES!!! You totally should Beth!!
ReplyDeleteNothing but the best to you Andrea!!!!You have the motivation it takes to do and be anything you want to.I'll be following Ragbrai just to see how all are doing!!!!!!
ReplyDelete