Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Update

I have been lost in the world of party planning, cleaning, and biking, too busy to blog. So here is a quick update...

18 Days Until RAGBRAI!!!!

Up until the days before Fourth of Joel-y Party, I had been biking everyday. I took about a week off, and went for a decent 20 miler this week, which ended in Joel's tire popping, and me biking home to get the car. This is a sign we need a repair kit and extra tubes, as well as the ability to actually change a tire!

We went shopping last night for RAGBRAI necessities (or not so much necessities, according to Joel's uncle, but "crap you don't need," like chairs!). We got travel toiletries, granola bars, trail mix, ziploc bags, ponchos, detergent (since we can't afford 7 pairs of $60 bike shorts), quick-drying camp towels, and a tote for all of our junk. We have a lot more to buy yet, but at least we got a good start. Joel's uncle, who is hilarious, thinks we don't need any of this stuff, since he didn't use any of it when he last did RAGBRAI in 1993. But we're bringing it anyway! And we will sit on chairs with attached footstools, and NOT the ground!

Big news (for me).....
Joel and I have decided to do a duathlon ! I discovered this duathlon on Facebook. They put those ads on your page, based on your interests, and this duathlon popped up on mine. Facebook must think I'm an athlete too. Weird. So I looked into it, and since we know people in that area, it seems like the perfect place to start. Also, this is a mini duathlon, because we all know I could never do the full distance, which is 5K run, 18 mile bike, and 5K run. No way. I will start with the Duathlon Fun Course, which is an entry-level distance of 1.5 mile run, 11 mile bike, 1.5 run.
I told Joel about it, and he said he would like to do it too. He hates to run, so this will be interesting! God help us!

We have a busy, long weekend ahead of us, full of visiting friends, biking, Ingrid Michaelson, and eating! I will post pictures of the parties and other summer adventures next week.
Have a great week everyone out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment