Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pig Man

RAGBRAI in 5 days!

I went for a bike ride all over town today, conquering some of the worst hills our lovely town has to offer. I made a discovery....I enjoy long bike rides by myself! I always wanted Joel to come with me, partly as motivation to keep up, and partly to keep me company. No offense, Joel, but biking without you was quite lovely! I went at my own pace, up those terrible hills, decided what direction to go, stopped for fuel (not Snickers this time...I was good and had a granola bar!), and really enjoyed myself.

Until....

I was bringing my ride to an end, traveling down one of our few bike trails, which is flanked by trees and wilderness on one side (Factory on the other side). All of a sudden, I heard a big rustling noise, accompanied by the sound of some strange animal or human. I took off like a bat out of hell, scared to death of what was in that brush!! As I sped away, I thought it sounded kind of like a pig. And a man. "Half pig-half man!" "A pig man, Jerry!!!" Any Seinfeld fans out there? Well, it sounded like a very scary version of Kramer's pig man! And I did not stick around to get to know him.
I should just always assume there is a pig man behind me, because I had a great pace going for about a mile, until I was positive there was no mutant animal behind me!

One more decent ride this week, then I have to rest these legs for the torture they are about to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment