Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 6

Five People Who Mean a Lot to Me

I can't possibly limit this list to 5 people in my life that are important to me, for a few reasons. One - those who mean a lot to me already know who they are. Two - I don't want to accidentally leave anyone out, and end up in a blog-induced friendship-killer. Three - this way is more fun.

1. Michael Jackson
I'm still really upset about his death. There. I said it. And I'm not kidding. Despite whatever controversy surrounded him in the 90s, he is still an AMAZING talent. And I'm sad that he died. Listening to almost any MJ song has a unique ability to lift me from any funk I might have been in. Soon I'm "woo"-ing right along with him, and all my troubles melt away. Okay, that's a little melo-dramatic, but I do believe his songs have healing powers. Just ask my dog, Annie. If she hears me singing Smooth Criminal, she will come running from her bed, ears perked, suddenly in a very happy mood, almost as if she wants to dance. Now, some might say that it's just the continual repetition of her name, but I respectfully disagree.
Annie Are You Ok
So, Annie Are You Ok
Are You Ok Annie
Annie Are You Ok
So, Annie Are You Ok
Are You Ok Annie
Annie Are You Ok
So, Annie Are You Ok
Are You Ok Annie
You've Been Hit By
You've Been Hit By-
A Smooth Criminal


2. Phoebe Buffay
She's a child at heart, who is all for animal rights, doesn't care what others think of her (and her music), and believes in reincarnation. She seems so innocent, yet could probably kill you with the knife in her shoe. She hates all things corporate (including Pottery Barn). Phoebe is selfless, even when it comes to her uterus. She's an independent woman, even after getting married and becoming Princess Consuela Bananahammock. She cries when flowers die.
I mean, come on. How could you NOT love Phoebe and everything she stands for?

3. Will Ferrell
Very few people make me laugh as much as Will Ferrell. Old School may just be one of my all-time favorite movies. I have been known to quote from this movie frequently, especially with one old friend in particular. A trip to the Olive Garden cannot go without a Ferrell quote.
I also loved him on SNL, particularly as George W. Bush. Love this hunting clip with Bush Sr. The antlers crack me up! He has an ability to make me laugh, without being overly ridiculous. Elf is another of my favorites, and it would NOT have been nearly as hilarious without Will Ferrell.
You gotta laugh. Life is boring without laughter. Which is why I will watch Elf year-round, not just at Christmas.

4. Liz Lemon
Another quirky fictional character I can't help but love. If she was real, Liz, Phoebe, and I would be best friends, I'm sure. She's a nerd, she loves to eat, especially when under stress, and she wears cool glasses. She is funny. She sticks to her guns. She's had some crazy relationships, including a boyfriend who ended up on "To Catch A Predator." So, I figure she'd have some great stories. Also, Liz Lemon's sad pathetic-ness would have to make me look better!
There ain't no party like a Liz Lemon party 'cause a Liz Lemon party is mandatory!

5. Elaine Benes
Alright, now I'm just on a sitcom kick. Elaine Benes is the coolest. I love her knock-you-over "Get OUT" shove, her sweet dance moves, and how her only friends are men. I love her huge, poufy hair and her dresses that just scream "90s." I love how she'll dump a guy if he smokes, if he's not sponge-worthy, or if he's a face painter.
She loves big salads. I love big salads. She can be catty. I can be catty. We both realize the importance of an exclamation mark!!! Another imaginary friendship? I think soooo.


So this post took a weird turn, but I had fun watching all the youtube clips! I hope you have fun watching them too!



No comments:

Post a Comment